Joe  are you talking about Synchronous during the face to face  or keeping the conversations going after the meeting.

Seems like Google Docs is your answer to synchronous

A small tip like adding +name/email of person and turning notifications on in a document can also keep the conversation going Asynchronous
and of course Google Groups is helpful for this also
but does require Gmail users to know where notification emails end up in your Gmail inbox setup
( I've made some changes to that)

Lucie