We ordered a green screen backdrop on Amazon that is very big (meant to be held up by one of those photographer's racks, and then pulled out onto the floor), turned it sideways and hung it from the ceiling and around a corner.  It's still big enough that it can pull out onto the floor when we need it.  It's similar to this one from Amazon.  That works very well for us, and has the advantage of being seam-free.  We also have a pop-up one that can be used in a classroom or "on location" and also some smaller pieces of fabric from Joann's (1-2 yards) that can be used for "special effects" (floating heads, flying superheroes, etc.).