Good morning  Vermont IT folks

How would you like to be part of a FUN project that we complete as a community

A few brave playful souls on this list  are interested in the collaborative  build of a RepRap 3D printer build from 'mostly'  3D printed parts
http://reprap.org/wiki/Snappy

There are about 30 3D printed parts.   Looks like printing the small parts won't be a problem.. But we could use some help with the bigger parts

We are looking for folks who to help print the a couple of the  11 larger parts
 If we can get 5 folks willing to print 2 parts each  to join the team... this would be super helpful

Anyone????? want to help?  Reply here or Email Lucie  [log in to unmask] or Rodney  Batschelet off list.

Here is are the larger parts we need help printing:

jhead_platform_parts.stlAdded assembly instructions.Larger Printer
rail_segment_parts.stlZ cable chain and wiring.Larger Printer
rail_xy_motor_segment_parts.stlZ cable chain and wiring.Larger Printer
rail_z_motor_segment_parts.stlZ cable chain and wiring.Larger Printer
rambo_mount_parts.stlReduced parts sizes to be printable in a 150x150mm area.Larger Printer
sled_endcap_parts.stlReduced parts sizes to be printable in a 150x150mm area.Larger printer
spool_holder_parts.stlReduced parts sizes to be printable in a 150x150mm area.Larger Printer
xy_joiner_parts.stlZ cable chain and wiring.Larger Printer
xy_sled_parts.stlRemoved redundant slop offset for XY sled rack.Larger Printer
yz_joiner_parts.stlReduced parts sizes to be printable in a 150x150mm area.Larger Printer
z_sled_parts.stlTighten up extruder latch. Loosen z_sled threaded rod clamp slightly.Larger Printer

The non-3D printed parts have been ordered and we are looking to do the actual BUILD at VermontFEST.   If you are going to be at VermontFest and want to take a 30 minute shift in the build progress (no experience necessary...email Lucie and she'll add you to the team!

So even if you are NOT going to VermontFEST you can be part of this fun project  by helping us print a couple of the larger parts.

Lucie

Lucie deLaBruere
www.LearningWithLucie.com
http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl