This is the first I have seen notice on this..

Quick Deadline but there seem like some good opportunities here.

Check it out…

From: Bree Falato [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 11:28 AM
To: Drescher, Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Solve for Tomorrow $2M Technology Grant!

Dear Mr. Drescher,

Samsung is excited to announce the 7th annual Samsung Solve for Tomorrow education contest, open to public schools grades 6 – 12. To date, we have seen amazing creative approaches to solving community issues and that is why this year, we have decided to bring that creativity to the forefront and shift the contest focus to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) subjects. By shifting to STEAM we are celebrating the important connection between creative and critical thinking in combination with the collaborative approach that has always been at the core of Solve for Tomorrow. All while allowing schools the chance to win a share of $2 million in technology and prizes from Samsung and its partners.

Samsung Solve for Tomorrow has always been about community-based learning and this year is no exception. In fact, we have added additional benefits to the program that will help communities, students and schools collectively create greater change.

·         To help enhance schools’ solutions to local community issues, Samsung will provide funding to state winning schools to help build their solutions. We’ve also partnered with a crowdfunding site to help raise additional funds to put towards the projects.

·         To help schools’ projects affect even greater change in the community, and to show the students that their hard work pays off, Samsung will make a donation in the national winning schools’ name to a local nonprofit organization of their choice.

In addition to the above mentioned, we will be awarding five teachers in every state including Washington D.C. a Galaxy Tab. There will also be one winner from each state that will receive a $25,000 technology package for their school.

Fifteen National Finalists will receive a trip to attend our pitch event where they will present their project to a panel of judges. Finally the selected three National Winners will be invited to attend a final awards celebration in addition to receiving a $150,000 technology package for their school. Solve for Tomorrow schools have been nationally recognized and featured in publications and broadcasts like CBS News and have been able to present their project at national conferences and events like the White House Science Fair.

I hope you’ll consider applying and sharing this information with colleagues.  I’d be happy to speak with you if you have any further questions on the program, my contact information can be found below. Visit www.samsung.com/solve to learn more or apply! Applications close November 15th.

Best Regards,

Bree

Samsung Electronics America, Inc.  | Corporate Citizenship
85 Challenger Road | Ridgefield Park | New Jersey | 07660 | [log in to unmask]
(desk) 201.229.4789 | (mobile) 201.289.6704

To stay connected to the latest Samsung news, please click on the links below.

  [log in to unmask]" alt="newsroom-logo---vertical">   [log in to unmask]" alt="https://g.twimg.com/Twitter_logo_blue.png">