We haven't had any issues with hundreds of users printing with Chromebooks (knock on wood), however we are using PaperCut.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016, 4:39 PM Robert Whitcomb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have had the issue for about 2 weeks, I have been in contact with support and here is what they just sent me.

From Google Support;
Thank you for your message and the information provided I can see that when you ran the Crosh test 3 of the URLs are failing which are cros-omahaproxy.appspot.comdl-ssl.google.com and omahaproxy.appspot.com.  I advise you to ensure these URLs are white listed on your Network once you have whitelisted the URLs can you run the crosh test again and confirm that all URLs are whitelisted.

Host name whitelist for all Chrome devices
accounts.google.com
accounts.gstatic.com
accounts.youtube.com
clients1.google.com
clients2.google.com
clients3.google.com
clients4.google.com
commondatastorage.googleapis.com
cros-omahaproxy.appspot.com
dl.google.com
dl-ssl.google.com
gweb-gettingstartedguide.appspot.com
m.google.com
mtalk.google.com
omahaproxy.appspot.com
pack.google.com
safebrowsing-cache.google.com
safebrowsing.google.com
ssl.gstatic.com
storage.googleapis.com
tools.google.com
www.googleapis.com
www.gstatic.com

Host name whitelist for single-app kiosk devices
If you use single-app kiosk devices, whitelist the following host names in addition to the host names listed above:
cache.pack.google.com
chrome.google.com
clients2.googleusercontent.com
lh3.ggpht.com