222 So. Main Street
Rochester,  VT  05767

Phone: 1 (802) 767-3161 x3122

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM, John Peters <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Google support SAML authentication.  We are using an identity manager that can provide SAML authentication to Google and interface with AD.  It can also auto-provision accounts in Google when we create them in AD.

John Peters
Director of Technology
North Country Supervisory Union
121 Duchess Ave Suite A
Newport, VT 05855
(802)3345847 ext 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Vining
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: single sign-on

There are 2 Google tools you'll need to use.

1. Google Apps Directory Sync - This is installed anywhere in your environment.  It will use LDAP to sync your users and directory structure.  However, because AD doesn’t store passwords in a way that the tool can read them (unless you are still using 2003) the new accounts will not have the same password as the AD account.
2. Google Apps Password Sync - This is installed on each DC in your environment (requires reboot).  It will sync password changes from AD to Google.

Basically, sync the accounts to create them, then reset the password in AD and Google will have that new password.

As for getting the browser to auto-login to Google without user intervention, I don't think that is possible at this time, but if you figure it out please share.

Hope that helps,
Mike