We are pleased to announce that the next Annual Meeting of the Northern
California Technical Processes Group (NCTPG) will take place in San
Francisco late April/early May 2017.

This year will be our 80th and NCTPG wants to mark the past, present, and
future of technical services by examining what it takes to navigate the
evolution of our work. Technology changes but the need to manage change
does not.

What changes have you experienced? How did you manage the technological and
interpersonal challenges? If you have a topic that you believe fits our
2017 theme of managing change, we'd love to hear about it. Presentations
are usually 20-30 minutes with additional participation in a panel
discussion.

*Please submit your proposal to the NCTPG steering committee with the
subject "2017 Call for Presentations" at [log in to unmask]

Possible topics include:

   - the hard and soft skills necessary to manage change and expectations
   - the changing roles of librarians and technical services
   - systems migrations
   - preparing LIS students, employees, and systems for future changes,
   like Linked Data
   - outsourcing

*Deadline for submission: Wednesday 16 November.*
For further information about our events and organization, please visit our
website: https://norcaltpg.wordpress.com