From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Traditi, Lisa
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: exercise bikes in the library

We just installed exercise/study bikes - https://hslnews.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/8176/ .  They have small desktops attached for studiers to put their book or laptop.  We worked with University Risk Management to make sure we have appropriate "use at your own risk" notices for these and for the four walking treadmill study stations we also have in the library - https://hslnews.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/walking-off-the-stress-46000-calories-burned-on-the-walk-stations/ .  They are hugely popular with students and other library patrons.  Neither are designed to go very fast.  The walk stations go a maximum of 3 mph, for instance.

Best,
Lisa

Lisa K. Traditi, MLS, AHIP
Head of Education & Reference,  Associate Professor ▪ [log in to unmask]  ▪ 303-724-2141  ▪  http://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu Health Sciences Library  ▪  University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus  ▪  12950 E. Montview Blvd., MS A003  ▪  Aurora, CO 80045 Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter #HSLAnschutz | https://www.pinterest.com/HSLAnschutz/ | http://instagram.com/HSLAnschutz,