From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kristine A Petre
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Open access book publisher InTechOpen?

Hi again-

I've read a lot about the predatory journal publishers but not book publishers.  Is anyone familiar with InTechOpen?

InTechOpen is the world's largest Science, Technology and Medicine Open Access book publisher. Since 2004, we have published over 2,700 books, comprised of more than 45,000 scientific works written by over 95,000 international scientists. Our mission is to support researchers make an impact within the scientific community by providing free access to their published work.

http://www.intechopen.com/

It looks like there is a publishing fee so I'm wondering if the invite our Dr. received was legitimate.

Thanks

Kris

Kristine Petre, MLS, AHIP, CM
Senior Medical Librarian
Body Family Medical Library
Lehigh Valley Health Network
1200 South Cedar Crest Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18105
610-402-8408

Please note that if you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.