Hi-

We are having a major problem here with Ebscohost.  Our users can no longer save search results.  We instruct our users to save their search results using the html option so format looks good and the persistent links are clickable.  For a few weeks now when save the results and try to open the file again if loads the search results page but then jumps to the EbscoHost pick the service page and you can never get to your search results again.

One work around is to email the search results.  We have always had issues with emailing.  The colleague would only get part of the search results, not get the search history (which some people need for their projects), or no email ever makes it through our email filter.  The save as text option works but it looks like crap and the persistent links aren't clickable.  There is also no easy way to communicate to the network this problem so they know to change how they save searches.

I have a workaround for myself.  I have the full adobe acrobat which does allow us to save the results as a pdf.  That doesn't help the rest of the network though.  Has anyone else figured out another work around?  Ebsco is working on it but that didn't help our class of 45 nurse residents who were working on their EBP projects and all lost their searches this morning.

Thanks.

Kris

Kristine Petre, MLS, AHIP, CM
Senior Medical Librarian
Body Family Medical Library
Lehigh Valley Health Network
1200 South Cedar Crest Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18105
610-402-8408

Please note that if you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.