Bob,

At this point I think bandwidth is the air that our technology initiatives
need to stay alive.  If we want teachers and students who are competent
users of technology and we want the benefits that technology can bring to
our students' learning we can't be suffocating them.

You say you have a fiber connection so I assume you are capable of getting
a Gig.  I would highly recommend doing that - remember that is what e-rate
was meant for.

If you had a room in your school with poor air circulation you would not
spend huge sums of money designing and implementing a machine that would
identify each student, drop a mask down and meter out the oxygen.  Teachers
get as much air as they want, kids have to breath like deep sea divers and
guests are on their own.

You would fix the problem by putting in an air system sufficient to allow
everyone to breath as much as they wanted and have some extra for special
occasions.

Ask your people what they want.  I'll bet they want their technology to be
simple, dependable and fast.  Use your technical expertise to provide them
with what they want.  Spend your money and energy on education.  If you
want to tinker and do amazing technology create with a raspberry pi.

Bob, I know I'm preaching to the choir here but my inability to convince
people who have a vested interest in control and obfuscation  makes me
appreciate an opportunity to discuss with like minds.

Craig Lyndes