Tinkercad  is another option.

It would take a few lesson to understand 3D modeling and I would suggest
they start with some of the lessons  from AutoDesk's Project IGNITE first.
A teacher can set up a free classroom  for her students here (which allows
you to deal with the under 13 issue)
https://projectignite.autodesk.com/classrooms/

I have not used the new Sketchup on a Chromebook yet, Shaun.
How do you like it?

Lucie