I concur with Lucie...Tinkercad is a great option. Another would be Publish
Your Design (has a few more options than Tinkercad, but you may not need
them) For quick and easy 2D drawing to 3D printable files, I have been
using Doodle3D Transform...(I was a kickstarter funder so have early
access). The full version will be released in February. So far my
experience with it has been pretty good. Seems like a good transitional
program to bridge the gap between 2D and 3D workspaces for younger students.

http://doodle3d.com/