Check with your school or public librarian.  Over many years, we have an extensive collection digital audiobooks that match our middle school curriculum and are requested by ELL and Special Education readers & teachers.  These are not digital voices and are often dramatic engaging readers.  No headphones or earbuds?  Digital audiobooks can also be listened to by plugging in external speakers into the playaway, ipad or chromebook.

 Also the public library often has many digital audiobooks accessible through an app and a library card number.  The public children's library are also more than willing to purchase audiobooks needed by the schools.

Carole