ANTI-WAR RALLY PROTESTS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES' PRO-WAR STANCE
MARCH TO HILLARY CLINTON'S CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS IN BROOKLYN HEIGHTS
DATE: Saturday, November 5th
TIME: 1 pm
PLACE: Brooklyn Boro Hall (steps)

Contact:
Carolina Cositore Sitrin: #215 518 3002
Mitchel Cohen  email: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://antiwarrally.org

Anti-war activists fed up with the pro-war stances of both major
parties' Presidential candidates will rally on Saturday, November 5,
at 1 pm, on the steps of Brooklyn Boro Hall (209 Joralemon St. at Court St.).

They will march to Hillary Clinton's national campaign headquarters a
few blocks away on Cadman Plaza.

Mitchel Cohen, who initiated the call for the anti-war march along
with Carolina Cositore Sitrin, said: "We are sickened by Hillary
Clinton's record of war-mongering and very dangerous policy
statements in terms of U.S. foreign policy, just as much as that of
the odious Donald Trump."

Cohen, who is an organizer with the Brooklyn Greens, a local Green
Party affiliate, and is a former Board chair of WBAI-FM radio, says
he will be voting for the Green Party candidates Jill Stein and Ajamu
Baraka, but that "all people are welcome at this anti-war rally no
matter whom they are voting for."

Carolina Sitrin says that the protest is intended to "call attention
to Clinton's horrendous proposal to implement a No Fly Zone over
Syria, which Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Dunford warned would put the
U.S. into direct conflict with Russian planes and escalate into
nuclear war with Russia."

Sitrin noted that the U.S. has been "encircling Russia with military
bases and nuclear weapons, and Hillary Clinton is a main proponent of
that military strategy".

Debra Sweet, spokesperson for World Can't Wait and one of the rally's
endorsers, says that "Hillary Clinton is running on her competence to
lead a "super-predator" military currently making unjust war on seven
countries. Her support for secret operations including targeted
killings even when civilians are killed, and her threats to implement
a "no-fly" zone over Syria are similar to Clinton's actions which led
to the deaths of thousands in Kosovo and Libya.

"We are told by both Clinton and Trump that it's in the interest of
people living in the United States to wage illegitimate, aggressive
war on hundreds of millions. But we say NO, NOT in our name."

The rally has been endorsed by dozens of individuals and
organizations, including the Brooklyn Greens, Veterans for Peace -
NY, World Can't Wait, World Beyond War, International Action Center,
Popular Resistance, U.S. Peace Council, United National Antiwar
Coalition (UNAC), Friends of Brad Will, The Commons (Brooklyn),
Raging Grannies, The Nuclear Resister, Center for Global Justice,
Free Radicals, Truth Action Project - NYC Region, Guyanese American
Workers United, Show Up! America, Ayotzinapa NY, YoSoy132 Nueva York,
Jersey City Peace Movement, and the Granny Peace Brigade.

Kevin Zeese, publisher of Popular Resistance, the online daily
journal which documents popular anti-war and environmental struggles
across the U.S., wrote:

"It is important to protest Hillary Clinton now, before the election
and before she becomes president. She has a long history of
supporting regime change operations, militarism and war. She will be
a dangerous president so the movement has to act now to ensure there
is #NoHoneymoon for Hillary and her presidency is filled with
protests against her war, Wall Street and Walmart policies."

Margaret Flowers, the Green Party candidate for United States Senate
in Maryland, added:

"The Clinton policy that frightens me the most is her foreign policy.
She has no respect for international law or human rights and will
continue to pursue policies of hegemony and imperialism. She will
continue to antagonize Russia and China and will increase the risk of
another major war."

Flowers, a medical doctor (as is Green Party presidential candidate
Dr. Jill Stein), points to Clinton's acceptance of the repression of
Native American protesters in North Dakota who have been
non-violently attempting to save their drinking water from
contamination by preventing the Dakota Access Pipeline from being
built on their sacred lands. Flowers continues:

"We must recognize that Clinton is a neo-liberal and a neo-con who
has successfully united the two plutocratic parties. She must not be
given a honeymoon or a pass just because she is a woman. It is
critical that the people rise up to demand that we, the people, set
the political agenda to meet our needs, not the elites."

And Bruce Gagnon, the Coordinator of Global Network Against Weapons &
Nuclear Power in Space, points sharply to the dangers to world peace
that Clinton represents:

"Yesterday it was reported that the US is deploying Marines to
Norway's Vaernes military base, roughly 600 miles from the
Norwegian-Russian border.

"It was Hillary Clinton who first talked about the US 'pivot' to Asia
of 60% of Pentagon forces to encircle China and Russia.

"It was Clinton as Secretary of State who helped put into place the
coup in Honduras and Ukraine, the war in Iraq and the take down of
Libya and Syria."

Gagnon concludes:

"Peace protests, especially now, are important and will need to
rapidly grow in order to stop the US march toward WW III."

Mitchel Cohen also points to Hillary Clinton's destructive role with
the Clinton Foundation in Haiti, "which resulted in tens of millions
of dollars that American citizens had donated to assist the people of
Haiti, which were instead misappropriated and basically stolen by the
Clintons."

For further information and to read the full list of endorsers,
please go to http://AntiWarRally.org .

# 30 #