Concerning Jim West's post.

Although all those interested in tearing science from its practical and
ideological subservience to the ruling class should be welcome on this
listirrespective of his or her political or religious beliefs, it is
important that all sources of data or opinion be identified with respect
to the source's partisanship.  The Heritage Foundation is an
organization self-described as a "bastion of the American conservative
movement" dedicated to “grabbing the government by its frayed New Deal
lapels and shaking out ...years of liberal policy.”  Pushing voter fraud
while being silent about the real problems is typical.

Furthermore searching and counting 70 voter frauds is a mouse fart.
Even 100 times that would in no way compare to the serious voter fraud
in, say, Russia or to the disenfranchisement in this country.  The
actions that amount to massive interference with the U S's seriously
flawed electoral system is the disenfranchisement and Gerrymandering
endemic in some states.  At present we live under a two-party
dictatorship that has for the past hundred years had presidents elected
by about 1/3 of eligible voters.

Let's not muddy the waters with mouse farts.  It is time to deal with
the big questions.  Making an issue of rare voter fraud is a great way
to prevent citizens focusing on the fundamental problems with the system

herb fox