I entirely agree Mitchel.  It goes to the heart of the problem of
alienation from nature. The presumption that we are somehow the "chosen"
species to rule the Earth. We eliminate all that stand in our way and
domesticate and rule those we can.  There are even well-intentioned people
who get degrees in "wildlife management." This is one example of how
science and technology is used to ensure Man's Dominion.  It is also part
of the explanation of why we have the planetary crisis.

Best,

Kamran