Maggie:

The system is rigged not by voting machines but by the two-party system of American imperialism.  Anyone who has paid attention to this years election cycle can see with nake eye how rigged it is--from the primaries to funding to "debates", etc.  The entire system is designed NOT to allow outside of the box thinking about politics.

If you are a radical you must go to the root of the problem . Not get into some liberal "theory" that people's votes are not being counted correctly so this bourgeois politician gets elected instead of the other one etc.

I worked at UC Berkeley's Survey Research Center for 9 years and Henry Brady--the Director--was an expert assinged to study the same problem in Florida in the Gore vs. Bush contest.  Believe me, I hace heard and read an earful about the story of "rigged voting machines" from the inside. Not a concern of Science for the People at all by any strectch of imagination.

Best,

Kamran