Sorry about the empty message, I got interupted and sent it afterward
without adding content.

Discovery services are like any other database and their use involves
Boolean algebra skills.  Boolean algebra search skills are foreign to most
students I have encountered and many teachers have little skill in using
and teaching Boolean algebra search skills as well.

In addition to structuring a search well,
there is also the skill of finding the vocabulary that best surrounds the
topic about which information is being sought. Most students have no idea
how to do this.  One also can increase sales by approaching students to
let them know you can help when they need to find sources on a topic they
must write a paper about.

In short, I think databases inncluding discovery services have increased
my reference question count immensely over the days when we had print
indexes and card catalogs. There is much to teach in the process that one
must follow to get from planning a search and putting it online to sitting
and reading the books and articles the search has found.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
EMPLOYMENT
INTERNSHIPS
HOSPITALITY
DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557
INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening
Educator-Gold
K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group