Dear List,

One of my patrons needs a copy of this article, but I can't find it via my Docline tables. Could any of you help me?

This is the reference:

Annu Conf Res Med Educ. 1977;16:161-6.

Clinical teacher effectiveness in medicine.

Irby DM.

Characteristics of best and worst clinical teachers in medicine were described by

a random sample of faculty, residents and third- and fourth-year medical students

at the University of Washington. The responses were factor analyzed and examined

to determine whether the ratings were influenced by professional role (faculty,

resident, student), faculty department (surgical, medical, basic science) and

teaching method (formal in-patient, formal ambulatory, formal didactic, and

informal teaching.)

PMID: 606071  [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I found an article by the same title by Irby from a 1978 issue of the Journal of Medical Education, but my patron is really looking for this 1977 version.

Thank you, and, please, before sending the article, let me know if there is a charge for ILL.

Cheers,

--SHAWN
Shawn Steidinger, MLS
Medical Librarian
Primary Children's Medical Library
1st Floor, Eccles Primary Children's Outpatient Services
81 N. Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Office: 801.662.1390 | Fax: 801.662.1393
LIBID: UTUZFM

#39449865