He got his boots fit by supposedly "The Best" bootfitter in the area. Everyone raves about this guy but I don't think he's anything special.

How may patrollers use AT boots? He's thinking that may be a better bet. He's so unhappy with his fancy boots (and I've seen him whining and he's not usually a whiner) that he's ready to buy something else.