In the morning, it felt like an early season weekend.   There were the race teams from every obscure elevation in about 4 states.  There were the locals who ski every day, and there were random travelers who simply couldn't stand to wait for one more day for their mountain to open.  I love the intensity of all that passion.
The afternoon felt like a weekday, it was ski back onto the lift.

I met a guy at the lodge this morning from Squaw Valley.  I assumed that he was there for the WC preparation.  He was.  He said that he would be running a World Cup event at Squaw, later in the season.  Nice guy.  I wished them well.

Kmart has been really lucky on the weather.

--
John Bonin