Richard

It is possible to reprovision license and I understand you interest in this approach.
 I'll reach out to you Richard with specifics on how you can do this. Elizabeth outlined the approach while I was crafting this email.   You can send a PO  for the amount of licenses to [log in to unmask]  AND [log in to unmask]

WeVideo, Inc.

149 Commonwealth Dr.

Suite 2118

Menlo Park, CA 94025

You can also find  all the information on this Vita-Learn WeVIDEO Consortium FAQ  here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ma6RE5ciwosz-ycAWgbHmM8qTWeNfD0ye3E3WJH5W6U/edit

But I'll make a case for the whole school or district approach -
The reason I was so passionate  about WeVideo and VoiceThread and did the legwork to see if we can make it available to EVERY students in Vermont (no matter what the size of their school)  was that as we moved to Chromebooks we were about to TAKE AWAY student VOICE and CHOICE (both actual and metaphorically).  BC (Before Chromebook)  our children could use either Windows MovieMaker or iMovie on Mac or PhotoStory,  I was worried about the impact of removing this access for our students.

Every child should have access to multimodal ways of learning and expressing what they know. If video is a CHOICE for every child to express their VOICE, then we are indeed using a digital tool to support the practice of personalized learning.

As we more towards more personalized and  proficiency based learning students will be creating evidence to demonstrate what they know in multiple ways.  Not only does WeVideo allow students to use video for this, but it also has a built in Screen Capture tool.  It can even be used to do Podcast and audio only.
Digital stories are one way to use Voicethread, but there are so much more.

It seems that  once a student does a video project for a teacher who ASSIGNED a video project, it would be a shame to take away this tool from their digital toolbox (or digital backpack).

Many schools are looking at it as not so much "unused licenses"  as  they are at providing access to their school as a body.  Similar to library books or subscription databases - we want access to all our students to a creation tool to is pretty standard tool for those with laptops.  Let's give it to those with Chomebooks, too!  I know that the price of Chromebooks is what allowed us to give so many students access to a device -- let's make sure that device can be used to CREATE video as a way of learning.

I won't go on... or I could end up with an essay and its already too long.
As many of you know -  Increasing Creativity and Innovation in our school is one of my PASSIONS -and I can get pretty 'enthusiastic'  about the cause!   And now that we are focusing on Student Choice and Voice in education --  it's gone way beyond creativity. Thank YOU to all of you are are working so hard to provide our students access to these powerful learning tools.

-- Lucie