We are experiencing great success with WeVideo at our school, The Dorset
School, this year. Earlier in the school year I was able to purchase 30
licenses of WeVideo for my middle school news elective. We are a chromebook
school so I wanted to try WeVideo out and allow the students to edit their
news stories. Right away WeVideo was a great success and the students were
creating video, not only for my elective but also in their science class. I
recently got approval for enough licenses for our all of our 6th - 8th
grade students and teachers to have a WeVideo license. And at the $2.22 per
student this was quickly approved.

My challenge now is keeping up with the students as far as keeping the
equipment charged, getting video uploaded and shared with them, etc. We
have one high end video camera that requires a program to download the
footage from the camera to a computer. I then upload it to a Google folder
and share it with the students. They can upload the needed footage right
into WeVideo and are taking off with the editing and creation of their
final video. This WeVideo explosion happened so fast that it caught me off
guard. A great 'problem' to have. Over the break I will be setting up ways
for the students to help out with the behind the scenes management of the
equipment, etc. We will probably be needing more video cameras so I will be
looking at cameras where the footage can be copied to a computer much
easier and will be getting the students to do this too. Any
recommendations? The Spanish and Music teachers are very eager to get their
students using WeVideo for audio recording, voice and instrumental.

So, as Lucie was saying, it is great to get these creation tools in the
hands of the students and with the great deal that Lucie set up for us with
WeVideo at $2.22 a student it is well worth the price. WeVideo has been a
great company to work with. Their product is solid and their contact person
was very helpful in the purchase and setup of the licenses.

In short, I recommend WeVideo for as many students and teachers that you
can.
Phyllis Tate
The Dorset School
Media Center Director