Well, the Pacific Northwest has "PNW", so we should have ANE for Atlantic Northeast. Anyway, we worked our butts off on the patrol to get the plaCE up n running on Friday and it all paid off with great early season conditions off of The Dub'. Today it is open and will be for the week. Alas, I drove to NH last night with the intention of climbing Damnation, bit we cancelled and I wound up getting "stuck" at Wildcat where it was dumping. It's been years since I skied here and I'm reminded of how cool this place is. The skiing here is as good as it was at Stowe last Saturday. With a $49 lift ticket, this sure ain't Vail. There's more cars in the lot today on a Monday than there were yesterday at Mad River.......okay, so who has the harder core skiers, LOL!

Juse ran into Rich and Marcia from Harvard Cabin and they're reporting sweet conotions on the Sherburne while it rages above. At the Harvard snow plot, they're reporting 20cm new overnight with capped stellar grains on the surface! Ranger Frank checked into the 8nternet with a High and Considerable rating for both ravines and to stay away from the runouts!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android