Ummm...someone needs to do their homework before claiming that SEALs &
"troops stationed overseas" would rate a headlamp, or any other visible
light source, as high on their list of favorite gear, unless they
have a death wish.

My venerable old BD Moonlight is the go to for anything technical, but
for general knocking around I use a $9 Eveready knockoff of a Petzl
Tikka.