Whoops forgot to change the title to the correct one

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the Bell Network
Sent: December 11, 2016 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Day 10: Smuggs 12/11

After a bit of a white knuckle drive across the divide,
And a grocery pitstop in West Vail, we hit the sheets at around 3am EST. Needless to say it was a late start despite last night's big storm

After - literally - three minutes spent renewing our season passes (there's a lesson in efficiency there somewhere) we headed up the gondola from the 32 degree base. The cars were swaying in the gusty spots and the odd snowflake was whistling past the windows. Very interesting patterns of blue sky and dark ominous snow clouds all day

So I will cut to the chase: reports of bad conditions in Colorado are wildly overblown  we spent most of the day in sun up and sun down bowls which are almost always a crusty mess of refrozen chicken heads. Not today - the bowls were skiing the absolute best I can remember since I have been coming to vail. No crowds, no lift lines and nice boot top powder all day long. It didn't seem to matter where we skied or what aspect.  Just about the easiest most relaxing skiing you could imagine and a great reintroduction to the season for my knee, which held up remarkably well in the brace.

While Vail didn't get poured with the two foot dump that Loveland and winter Park received  we also did not have to deal with avalanche closures which were very significant today. You would be nuts to hike in avi terrain this week out here

Anyway, we are looking at warm temps and snow every day except for tomorrow, so the season is off to a good start

Leigh

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the Bell Network
Sent: December 11, 2016 6:23 PM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Day 10: Smuggs 12/11