Hah, I've gotten caught in an avalanche -- in Massachusetts!

So officially (really), all avalanches in the East are supposed to be reported to the Mount Washington Avalanche Center, according to USFS protocol.

Unofficially, the Mount Washington Avalanche Center doesn't even seem to be all that concerned about avalanches on Mount Washington outside of its two microscale-forecasted ravines, although that has changed somewhat in the last few years.