Just chiming in to say -- we've had to replace three rattling case fans on
two older Isoprimes over the last 18 months - apparently they have a
consistent lifetime! With the first one I was very concerned about the
turbo, but I was able to vent the instrument while leaving the power on to
the fan, which confirmed that the fan was the source of the noise.

--
Sara Peek
Physical Science Technician

USGS Menlo Park