HI All--

Danny Rye likes to promote the old mechanic's trick--place a long rod
(e.g. screwdriver) on the object of interest, and your ear on the other
end.  It does help localize sources of sounds if you can catch it
during  a rattle....

The fans on our UPS's whine at a frequency of a turbo pump that's
working too hard--very annoying.

take care,

gerry