Dear colleagues,

we would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the session “Stable isotopes and novel tracers in biogeochemical and atmospheric research” BG1.7/AS4.53 at EGU General Assembly 2017 (April 23-28, Vienna, Austria): http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/23898

For this session we invite contributions from field and laboratory experiments, latest instrument developments as well as theoretical and modelling activities that are concerned with, for example:
- Stable isotopes in carbon dioxide, water, methane, and nitrous oxide
- Novel tracers and biological analogues, such as carbonyl suffice (COS)
- Polyisotopocules ("clumped isotopes")
- Intramolecular stable isotope distributions ("isotopomer abundances")
- Analytical, method and modelling developments
- Flux measurements
- Quantification of isotope effects
- Non-mass dependent isotopic fractionation and related isotope anomalies

Solicited speaker:
Maija Marushchak (U Eastern Finnland) - Using stable isotopes to study methane dynamics in the subarctic tundra
Elena Popa (U Utrecht) - Isotopic investigation of a possible future hydrogen economy

The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 11 January 2017, 13:00 CET:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/abstractsubmission/23898

We are looking forward to meeting you in Vienna
Thomas Röckmann, Lydia Gentsch, Jan Kaiser, Matthias Cuntz and Alexander Knohl

--
Matthias Cuntz
INRA Centre de Nancy