A long time ago a Thermo engineer told me the formula for PAL time in vial is:

(Fill strokes +1) x pull up delay = total time in vial (s)

The +1 is due to the fact that it takes about a second to initiate.

Ben

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brad Erkkila
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] PAL headspace method

Hi Greg,

It is a simple fix. In the method you can do 5 Fill Strokes with a 60 second delay and you’ll have the 5 minutes. I just checked our method and it has 10 fill strokes with a 60 second delay.

Best,

Brad

Yale Analytical and Stable Isotope Center

Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies

21 Sachem Street

New Haven, CT 06511

203-432-3189