Thermo has a factory communication #IS-209 released 28 May 2015 titled "Setting up a PC Dell Optiplex 9020" which specifically addresses the steps to install Isodat 3.0 on Windows 7. I highly recommend getting a copy from your favorite engineer before proceeding. There is a specific procedure to install and several settings to change in Windows 7 so that Isodat runs smoothly. After following the instructions it has been smooth sailing for us.

In the above mentioned document, it instructs to look in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder and delete the files DELTA99.inf and DELTA99.SYS if they exist. They will also be put in the drivers folder if Isodat 3.0.0.83 or lower was previously installed on the computer. If the old drivers exist you will get "fun" blue screen crashes with windows 7.

Cheers, Ben

Benjamin Harlow

Manager, Stable Isotope Core Laboratory

Washington State University

367 Eastlick | Pullman, WA  99164-4236

Office: 509-335-6161 | Lab: 509-335-6154 | Fax:509-335-3184

http://www.isotopes.wsu.edu