Hi Isotopers,

Me again.

I've got a Thermo Trace GC Delta V Advantage running leaf wax dD. I do daily H3 corrections - averaging ~3.2 permil/V. However, if I run a dilution series of our standards I still get a powerful peak size effect: r2 always greater than 0.9 and slopes of ~ 1-2 permil per V for a dynamic range from 2-20 V. We do aim to have our unknown peak sizes all very close, but I'd still love to get rid of or control for this effect.

Any thoughts?

Thank you, once again, for any wisdom imparted!

--
Jeff

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Einstein

Jeff Salacup, Ph.D.
Stable Isotope & Biogeochemistry Lab Manager
UMass-Amherst