Hi Neil,

we switched from Air Products to BOC a while ago, basically because of lower gas bottle rental charges here in the UK. At the moment we are using CP grade nitrogen (L-size), which was around £170/bottle from BOC. We basically followed Isoprime and Thermo installation requirements for the gas purity. Our nitrogen reference gas is used in an Isoprime100 and a VisION IRMS as well as in a Thermo Delta V.
But I am also curious to know if some people use a lower purity without problems.

Best,
Bastian

--
Bastian Hambach
Stable Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry Laboratory

Phone: +44 (0) 23 8059 - 6573 / 6479
Email: B.Hambach@soton.ac.uk

Hi all

After a few years my N2 ref gas is coming to an end and I want to replace it (for Delta V). Previously we used N2 BIP from Air Products but I wish to switch to BOC (really just for convenience with all other bottles in the lab).  What are people using? N2 CP (99.9992) or is that overkill?  As I dont have the AP quality to hand BOCs N4.8 seems too low to me.

Thanks

Neil