Von: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [[log in to unmask]]" im Auftrag von "Robert Panetta [[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Januar 2017 15:04
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Separation of CO and N2 in a GC

Dear Nico,

A mole sieve column will certainly do the trick for N2-CO at above ambient. But CO2 sorbs strongly to a mole sieve (you'll need to get above 450 oC to take it all off the column in a reasonable time frame).

That's where a carbon mole sieve of the kind Klaus mentioned comes in handy. It will seperate all the permanent gases at non-cryogenic temperatures, and some permutations will perform well with light hydrocarbons too. It's best to contact the manufacturers (i.e., Agilent, Sigma and Restek) with your requirements and see if they have a suitable column for both permanent gases and light hydrocarbons.

Good luck!
Robert

Robert