Dear Jonelle,

Mike is right problem come from oxygen trapped by copper. To increase analysis quantities it is necessary to increase copper reaction surface area!

You can do that by increasing the weight of electrolytic copper but the best is to use copper wires that is electrolytic copper oxidize by oxygen and reduce by hydrogen. Chromium oxide plus silver cobaltous oxide is the best oxidation mean you can get in your furnace. Note Silver is here to trap halogen. But with this packing it is necessary to use separate tube in your chn normally built with 2 tubes furnace . Like this you can put a big quantity of copper wire (stick) which normally allow you to run around 800-1000 samples.

Most of French laboratories involved in Isotope ratio measurement adventure around 25 years ago used this configuration.

Due to hazardous of this reagent CHNOS manufacturers decided to change them to return to copper oxide. Just keep in mind that copper oxide.

Note that tungstate trioxide was developed for get Sulfur with CHN.

If the oxidation of you sample are ok you can continue to use it in oxidizing tube and file the reduction one with reduce copper wire.

I was involved in and continue to be in production, development and sales of this reagent and capsules for CHNOS.

Where are you located?

Best Regards

Laurent Bertal

CEO/Owner

Courtage Analyses Services

14, Rue des Mouettes    F-76130 Mont Saint Aignan     FRANCE

Tel: +33 2 35 07 60 00        Port. : + 33 6 09 67 45 69      Fax. : +33 235 706 439

Email. : [log in to unmask]            Web :   http://www.onlinecas.com