Hi Maryann,
I would say that my assistants could do or could figure out how to do all the town clerk duties should the need arise.  There are things they don't do and are not familiar with but I know they would figure them out, one of them being some of the state software.  I plan on training them very soon on voter checklist and property transfers.
Almira Aekus, Town Clerk - Whitingham

      From: Marianne Blake <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:42 PM
 Subject: Asistant Town Clerk

A survey:  do all of you town clerks  have an assistant that can provide all your duties and services, familiar with all the state software you have to use when you are not there?  I don't mean someone that can make copies or such if you're on a week's vacation, but if you were sick or whatever and out for a month.Replies would be appreciated.Marianne in Windsor