Please read the message that follows from Douglas Farnham, Director of Property Valuation and Review:

Dear Town Clerks,

We are currently addressing a technical issue in myVTax which caused some returns to be in error while at the town clerk stage and, in many cases, prevented recording or return to the preparing attorney. We are in the final stages of testing the solution to ensure there are no unexpected impacts and anticipate pushing the solution in this week. We are currently developing a two-page printout for the myVTax property transfer tax returns and will be sharing it with some clerks and attorneys for review prior to finalization.

This afternoon we are also mailing out an updated acceptable forms fact sheet with greatly reduced requirements for review (linked below), a supply of prepaid envelopes, and a letter with responses to some frequently asked questions.

PTT-172 Quick reference guide:

http://tax.vermont.gov/sites/tax/files/documents/PTT-QuickRefGuide-Draft4.pdf

PTT-172 Full instructions:

http://tax.vermont.gov/sites/tax/files/documents/PTT-172-rev1016-Instr.pdf

2017 Acceptable Forms Fact Sheet:

http://tax.vermont.gov/sites/tax/files/documents/AcceptedFormsProptyTransfTaxFS.pdf

We are working to communicate more frequently and clearly with the town clerks, and I hope the above information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Douglas R. Farnham | Director

Property Valuation & Review | Vermont Department of Taxes

802-828-6829 | www.tax.vermont.gov

New email address: [log in to unmask]

This email may contain confidential tax information. The information is intended only for use by the individual or entity addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, and any such action would subject you to civil and/or criminal prosecution under state and Federal confidentiality laws. If you received this email in error, immediately delete this email and contact us at 802-828-6829 or [log in to unmask] for further instructions.