Hi Joe

Last year Tony Galle (Animator Extradonaire)  suggested the following  Apps
  for session  Awesome Animations at Create Make Learn Summer Institute.
I'm crossing my fingers that we will get Tony back as an instructor at this
year's summer institute.  Here are the apps he used in his session.

Chrome

Stop Motion Animator
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stop-motion-animator/dhgmfcabdnkbdhelnooodefedbilcpho?utm_source=gmail>
-- by szager

Gifmaker.me <http://gifmaker.me/> (flash version, web-based)--can use up to
200

iOS

Stop Motion Studio
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297?mt=8>--  by
CATEATER, LLC

gifcreator.me (non-flash, web-based)--up to 200 frames