Yesterday Ron Payne and I spent three an a half hours in Ripton and
Lincoln, often in fog or dense fog, traveling back roads in search of birds.

Hightlights of the trip were seven Pine Grosbeaks foraging buds in the
upper canopy of spruce in woods along the lane leading to the Robert
Frost cabin in Ripton, and an interacting Northern Goshawk and Raven in
dense fog on the roadside in a wooded section of West Hill Road in Lincoln.

Birds were very scarce, seemingly even moreso than our similar outings
in recent years.  In addition to the birds noted above, we encountered
over the 3.5 hours:

Black-capped Chickadee  ---- 35
Blue Jay ---- 6
White-breasted Nuthatch ---- 2