Thank you, Ian, for that word picture of the Monkton Robins. Yesterday I and a friend stopped at Waterhouses on Lake Dunmore in the once again van attempt to see the Bald Eagles, but we were rewarded with the sight of a huge flock of Canada Geese covering the whole beach and the open water. Mostly just standing around, with the occasional wing beating display, relatively quiet too. We remarked that this was the largest assembly we have ever seen outside of Dead Creek.  Shelagh Smith nr. Fern Lake.