While watching a Morrisville bird feeder, I saw a 1st winter plumaged Northern Shrike take an American Tree Sparrow.
There were  several tree sparrows, a junco, and 2-3 chickadees at the feeder when suddenly there was a fluttering  ball of feathers under the feeder. The shrike reached down to the neck of the sparrow and action ceased. The shrike flew low to the ground about 50 feet into dense shrubbery carrying the sparrow by the neck in its bill. I lost it in the shrubs.
Guess I can subtract one sparrow from the ebird entry.

Bob Budliger