Great day for RCAS forty-third annual CBC.  Thanks to Graham ,Russ, Linda, Elizabeth, and Adam for helping to cover Sector 5.  Could not make the dinner so do not know how the rest of the teams made out.  Seeing the Kestrel was great.  Only had 5 Robins though!
Fred Bates
Rutland

Rutland CBC Sector 5, Rutland, Vermont, USJan 2, 2017 7:30 AM - 3:30 PMProtocol: Traveling60.0 mile(s)26 species

Canada Goose 537 Some of these could be still migrating. Some do stay around all winter as long as there is open water.Mallard 27Cooper's Hawk 1Bald Eagle 1Red-tailed Hawk 9Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 140Mourning Dove 32Downy Woodpecker 8Hairy Woodpecker 2Northern Flicker 1American Kestrel (Northern) 1 Bird was observed by two birders from a very close distance.Blue Jay 28American Crow 302Common Raven 2Black-capped Chickadee 66 At this time of year we always have a large number of Chickadees in our area.Tufted Titmouse 9White-breasted Nuthatch 3American Robin 5European Starling 166American Tree Sparrow 9Dark-eyed Junco 6White-throated Sparrow 1Northern Cardinal 7House Finch 7American Goldfinch 47House Sparrow 92

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S33392629