Around noon today I stopped at the Sandbar State Park to check for eagles. My wife and I as well as my daughter and her boyfriend were on our way to look for the Snowy Owl on Young's Island. I saw two eagles on the ice in front of the sandbar, but as I scanned further with my scope I saw a whole lot more way out on another sheet of ice, at least 13 from what I could tell.

We got back in the car and drove to the mid-point pull off of the sandbar crossing and scoped from there. We counted 18 bald eagles on the ice, plus the two that we had seen closer to the beach, plus one in a tree beyond the 18 birds on the ice sheet. I've never seen 21 bald eagles at once, though I've heard of it in Alaska etc.

We were also successful with the Snowy Owl on Youngs Island, great views of the bird facing away from us and sideways to us as it repositioned a couple times. It was predominantly white, I didn't observe any grey but it was never facing us directly.
Several red-tailed hawks were seen on the drive as well as a brief look at a very dark morph rough legged hawk flying over the car.

There were also hundreds of gulls on the ice, too far away to ID aside from GBBG, and hundreds of common mergs in the open water as well. I didn't try to scope for rarities or odd balls as we were just going for the "trophy" raptors today.