Know it was one day early, but I saw 2 adult Bald Eagles at Shelburne Bay on 1/3/17.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "VT Bird" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:22:42 PM
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Lake Bomoseen Bald Eagles

Thanks, Mark. Marv and I went out to Bomoseen again today. Here is my eBird report:
Lake Bomoseen - Castleton (2360 acres), Rutland, Vermont, US
Jan 5, 2017 10:18 AM - 10:22 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:    from Crystal Beach
1 species

Bald Eagle  2    on Neshobe Island; sitting in white pines

The ice has actually receded and the area where we saw all the eagles on Tuesday is now all water. Not in the survey period, but Marv and I saw a Golden Eagle near the intersection of Ghost Hollow and Cogman roads in West Haven on December 23.