Yesterday (Saturday), on an all day, leisurely drive from Jericho down to Shoreham and back, my daughter Isis, friend Raven Davis, and I tallied an impressive number of raptors.  We did not double count if we traveled on any of the roads we had been on before that day.  Here’s what we saw….all so wonderful! Obviously we saw other birds too; these are just the raptors.

47 Red-tailed Hawks
26 Rough-legged Hawks
7 Northern Harriers
8 Ravens
2 Merlins

Alas, no Eagles or Peregrines (although we had seen Peregrines on one of the same roads last week).  It was a fun day to be out in our beautiful state.  Filled with gratitude to live in Vermont,
Evergreen Erb of Jericho