Calling all birders and citizen scientists!

Join in one of the biggest weekends of birding in the world and contribute
to real-time data collection during the Great Backyard Bird Count. Over
160,000 bird enthusiasts in 130 countries participate in this Cornell Lab
of Ornithology project each February.

VINS will be participating by tallying birds on our property next to the
Quechee Gorge in Quechee, VT from 10am to 4pm on February 18th, 19th, and 20
th. We also have a number of family-friendly events going on, including
guided bird walks with VINS naturalists, bird ID and binoculars workshops,
nest-box building to prepare you for spring, and two live bird
demonstrations with our education raptors. It will be a great weekend of
birding and learning about how you can become a citizen scientist.

In 2016 we tallied 15 species—come help us blow this number out of the
water in 2017!!!

Admission is $14.50 for adults, $13.50 for seniors, $12.50 for kids (3 and
under are free). Nest-box building is $10 for materials.

Contact Anna Autilio with questions at [log in to unmask] or
(802)-359-5000 ext 234.

Vermont Institute of Natural Science

6565 Woodstock Road

Quechee, VT 05059