I sharpened the skis last night. I couldn't swear that it actually helped today.

The bottom half of Allen was surprisingly pretty good. Unfortunately to get there, one needed to ski the top half, which was not. I'll call it survival skiing and leave it there. I guessed that Ross was going to be even worse (a suspicion that was confirmed later in a conversation with another skier who was more adventurous than me), so after a single run I headed over to the Sheehan lift. The pick of the day was the beginner trail Lang, covered with edgeable sugar snow. (Those who know the Bowl will know how bad it is when the best skiing of the day is on Lang.)

I had planned on staying at least an hour, but after multiple laps on Lang, I decided that 50 minutes was just as arbitrary as 60 minutes, and left.

I'm still not sure if I'll even bother with tomorrow.

The best thing I saw this morning was a Masters racer in a sit-down mono ski handle the ice sheet at the top of Allen with less trouble than I did.

Dave G.