Well after a wild NYE of me studying avalanche reports and wx forecasts and maps and notes I grabbed 3 pints (Fernie IPA - lame, Fernie Brown Ale - nice, Fernie pilsner - very nice) and got a complimentary shot of Glenlivet from the bartendress in a display of Canadian hospitality, I was ready to get choppered in for the week.

At the heliport in downtown Donald, BC (there's a sawmill there and a weigh station for Highway 1) I met up with my new friends - The Seattle Millenial Snowflakes.  We got our gear weighed and I was under weight while the snowflakes were often woefully overweight due to necessities like thick hard cover books, costumes, other miscellaneous crap and of course a $hitload of beer.  So, they started drinking some of the beer.  Of course, they were nice enough to offer me some which I declined because I wanted to make turns and no way do I wanna' be buzzed when I'm around helicopters.  Then the 'flakes wanted me to take their group picture to which I obliged.  I had them line up and directed them to "raise your beers and say 'sodomy', everyone" which of course generated picture worthy smiles.

We all got to Icefall Lodge and unloaded and Igor and I went to dig in a place in Home Run out of the way of skier traffic to which we broadcasted.  So up in the bowl, we dug and some of the flakes followed our track and proceeded to dig their own pit .......... in the middle of the bowl.

Don't worry, I did take a liking to the 'flakes .........

Mark P. Renson